Bit confused about autotvm tutorials using randomsearch

I am not sure what is reason of using the random tuner in the autotvm tutorials? Earlier I though they don’t want to add xgboost as additional requirement to run the matmult tutorial. But this is the same case with https://github.com/apache/incubator-tvm/blob/master/tutorials/autotvm/tune_relay_x86.py which tunes the whole resnet, the tuning task is going to take hours compared to installation of xgboost module. :man_shrugging:

My understanding is that the purpose of tutorials is helping people to get start with minimum efforts (i.e., install dependencies). After you follow the tutorial and get something, you will have a sense about what you really want to achieve and make some improvements. As a result, the most important thing for tutorials is not providing an optimal script but a working flow.

For the requirements of preparing optimized configurations for end-users, CLI could be a more suitable solution. Like this discussion: [USABILITY IDEA] Create a command line compiler that would perform common build tasks out of the box