Possible bug with TopK: "TVMError: Check failed: args[i].type().is_int():"

Hi,

While compiling a Tensorflow model I hit an error related to the Halide call type:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/tvm//model_evaluation/tvm_eval.py", line 252, in <module>
    mod, params = tvm_eval_non_tuned()
  File "/home/tvm/model_evaluation/tvm_eval.py", line 107, in tvm_eval_non_tuned
    params=params)
  File "/home/tvm/tvm/python/tvm/relay/build_module.py", line 207, in build
    graph_json, mod, params = bld_mod.build(func, target, target_host, params)
  File "/home/tvm/tvm/python/tvm/relay/build_module.py", line 108, in build
    self._build(func, target, target_host)
  File "/home/tvm/tvm/python/tvm/_ffi/_ctypes/function.py", line 210, in __call__
    raise get_last_ffi_error()
tvm._ffi.base.TVMError: Traceback (most recent call last):
  [bt] (8) /home/tvm/tvm/build/libtvm.so(tvm::relay::ScheduleGetter::VisitExpr_(tvm::relay::CallNode const*)+0x650) [0x7f6d758e64a0]
  [bt] (7) /home/tvm/tvm/build/libtvm.so(std::_Function_handler<void (tvm::runtime::TVMArgs, tvm::runtime::TVMRetValue*), tvm::runtime::TypedPackedFunc<tvm::Array<tvm::Tensor, void> (tvm::Attrs const&, tvm::Array<tvm::Tensor, void> const&, tvm::relay::Type const&, tvm::Target const&)>::AssignTypedLambda<tvm::Array<tvm::Tensor, void> (*)(tvm::Attrs const&, tvm::Array<tvm::Tensor, void> const&, tvm::relay::Type const&, tvm::Target const&)>(tvm::Array<tvm::Tensor, void> (*)(tvm::Attrs const&, tvm::Array<tvm::Tensor, void> const&, tvm::relay::Type const&, tvm::Target const&))::{lambda(tvm::runtime::TVMArgs const&, tvm::runtime::TVMRetValue*)#1}>::_M_invoke(std::_Any_data const&, tvm::runtime::TVMArgs&&, tvm::runtime::TVMRetValue*&&)+0xe3) [0x7f6d759e1813]
  [bt] (6) /home/tvm/tvm/build/libtvm.so(tvm::relay::TakeCompute(tvm::Attrs const&, tvm::Array<tvm::Tensor, void> const&, tvm::relay::Type const&, tvm::Target const&)+0x164) [0x7f6d75a91544]
  [bt] (5) /home/tvm/tvm/build/libtvm.so(topi::take(tvm::Tensor const&, tvm::Tensor const&, int, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >)+0x468) [0x7f6d75aaba28]
  [bt] (4) /home/tvm/tvm/build/libtvm.so(tvm::compute(tvm::Array<tvm::Expr, void>, std::function<tvm::Expr (tvm::Array<tvm::Var, void> const&)>, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, tvm::Map<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, tvm::NodeRef, void, void>)+0x496) [0x7f6d7584a456]
  [bt] (3) /home/tvm/tvm/build/libtvm.so(std::_Function_handler<tvm::Expr (tvm::Array<tvm::Var, void> const&), topi::take(tvm::Tensor const&, tvm::Tensor const&, int, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >)::{lambda(tvm::Array<tvm::Var, void> const&)#1}>::_M_invoke(std::_Any_data const&, tvm::Array<tvm::Var, void> const&)+0xa4d) [0x7f6d75ab8dad]
  [bt] (2) /home/tvm/tvm/build/libtvm.so(tvm::Tensor::operator()(tvm::Array<tvm::Expr, void>) const+0x155) [0x7f6d75725225]
  [bt] (1) /home/tvm/tvm/build/libtvm.so(tvm::ir::Call::make(tvm::DataType, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, tvm::Array<tvm::Expr, void>, tvm::ir::Call::CallType, tvm::ir::FunctionRef, int)+0x441) [0x7f6d756f6011]
  [bt] (0) /home/tvm/tvm/build/libtvm.so(dmlc::LogMessageFatal::~LogMessageFatal()+0x43) [0x7f6d7554a223]
  File "/home/tvm/tvm/src/lang/ir.cc", line 196
TVMError: Check failed: args[i].type().is_int(): 

Where should look at in my model to identify the float32 args that triggers this exception?

Thanks!

Any ideas about this? @vinx13 @FrozenGene

I would like to understand why the call type from Halide has this restriction of having all args to be int32. Also to see what should I change in my model to fix this exception?

Thanks

indices of tensor have to be int

Thanks!

I think I found the problem regarding indexing tensors with floating point. In my model I have a TopK operator which has two outputs values (float32) and indexes (int32). In the model, the indexes output is the input of an strided_slice. However, it seems that is taking the values output instead of indexes output to index the tensor.

The following is an extract of the relay IR in which in can be seen that the output 0 %129.0 (values) of topk is used as the input of the following strided_slice. Could this be a bug?

%129 = topk(%128, meta[relay.attrs.TopkAttrs][0]);
  %130 = %129.0;
  %131 = strided_slice(%130, begin=[0], end=[500]);

Here I have another example of this, where it can be observed that both %52 and %53 are taken from the %51.0. I would have expected %53 to be %51.1 as it has the indexes values (int)

%51 = topk(%50, meta[relay.attrs.TopkAttrs][0]);
  %52 = %51.0;
  %53 = %51.0;
  %54 = strided_slice(%53, begin=[0], end=[500]);
  take(%52, %54, axis=0)