[Resolved] Problem with ResizeBilinear in TensorFlow

Hi,

I have a model in TF with a ResizeBilinear operator. When I try to generate the Relay IR I get the following error:

File "/home/user/tvm/python/tvm/relay/frontend/tensorflow.py", line 2473, in from_tensorflow
    mod, params = g.from_tensorflow(graph, layout, shape, outputs)
  File "/home/user/tvm/python/tvm/relay/frontend/tensorflow.py", line 2117, in from_tensorflow
    op = self._convert_operator(node.op, inputs, attr, graph)
  File "/home/user/tvm/python/tvm/relay/frontend/tensorflow.py", line 2436, in _convert_operator
    sym = convert_map[op_name](inputs, attrs, self._params)
  File "/home/user/tvm/python/tvm/relay/frontend/tensorflow.py", line 605, in _impl
    size = attr['_output_shapes'][0][1:3]
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

It seems that the _output_shapes param has the value of None.

I also found the following comments in the tensorflow.py script:

-> _output_shapes : Graph should be frozen with add_shapes=True.
                                 Or user can pass input shape dictionary optionally.
-> DecodeJpeg, ResizeBilinear: These are dummy operators.
                                  Hence user should handle preprocessing outside.

Maybe this is related to what the comments say.

@srkreddy1238 maybe you have an idea?

Thanks

Can you share the build command arguments ?

Hi @srkreddy1238, by adding the add_shapes=True the issue was solved. The input pb file was not generated with that option.

BTW, could you please look at the following post:

I would appreciate if you can give me some hints with this other issue.

Thanks

Hi, @tico, could you please tell me where to add the add_shapes=True command line? Is it in creating .pb file or somewhere else? Thanks a lot.

Hi,

add_shapes=True should be used when you freeze the model. You can see how to do this in the following example:

@tico, thanks very much! I also have a question, if we add add_shapes=True, is the result of tvm converted model is equal with tf .pb file’s result? Thanks~

@murdockhou I dont quite get your question if both results are equal and how is this correlated to add_shapes=True?. In general, TVM keeps the functional correctness of the models of course.

What add_shapes=True adds are the shapes of the output tensors in nodes of the model, and this information is relevant to compile a model with TVM. That said add_shapes=True by itself does not defines if the results are equal or not.

Sorry, my mistake understand. Anyway, thank you at all!