Running ONNX model in Relay - CUDA_ERROR_INVALID_VALUE thrown

I am trying to run an ONNX Alexnet model, built from Keras/TF, on TVM with Relay. Training and Test data is cifar10. The code snippet is as follows:

target = tvm.target.cuda()
input_name = ‘conv2d_11_input’
shape_dict = {input_name: X_test.shape}
mod, params = relay.frontend.from_onnx(onnx_model, shape_dict)
with relay.build_config(opt_level=1):
intrp = relay.build_module.create_executor(‘graph’, mod, tvm.gpu(), target)
dtype = ‘float32’
tvm_output = intrp.evaluate()(tvm.nd.array(X_test.astype(dtype)), **params).asnumpy() \

This code runs fine with target set to “llvm” using CPU. But when I try to run it with CUDA. This error is thrown:

'TVMError Traceback (most recent call last)
in
1 # LLVM EXECUTE SUCCEEDED
2 dtype = ‘float32’
----> 3 tvm_output = intrp.evaluate()(tvm.nd.array(X_test.astype(dtype)), **params).asnumpy()

~/tvm/python/tvm/relay/build_module.py in _graph_wrapper(*args, **kwargs)
336 gmodule.set_input(i, arg)
337 # Run the module, and fetch the output.
–> 338 gmodule.run()
339 # make a copy so multiple invocation won’t hurt perf.
340 if num_outputs == 1:

~/tvm/python/tvm/contrib/graph_runtime.py in run(self, **input_dict)
166 if input_dict:
167 self.set_input(**input_dict)
–> 168 self._run()
170 def get_num_outputs(self):

~/tvm/python/tvm/_ffi/_ctypes/function.py in call(self, *args)
205 self.handle, values, tcodes, ctypes.c_int(num_args),
206 ctypes.byref(ret_val), ctypes.byref(ret_tcode)) != 0:
–> 207 raise get_last_ffi_error()
208 _ = temp_args
209 _ = args

TVMError: Traceback (most recent call last):
[bt] (3) /home/xxx/tvm/build/libtvm.so(TVMFuncCall+0x61) [0x7f35b552b441]
[bt] (2) /home/xxx/tvm/build/libtvm.so(std::Function_handler<void (tvm::runtime::TVMArgs, tvm::runtime::TVMRetValue*), tvm::runtime::detail::PackFuncVoidAddr<4, tvm::runtime::CUDAWrappedFunc>(tvm::runtime::CUDAWrappedFunc, std::vector<tvm::runtime::detail::ArgConvertCode, std::allocatortvm::runtime::detail::ArgConvertCode > const&)::{lambda(tvm::runtime::TVMArgs, tvm::runtime::TVMRetValue*)#1}>::_M_invoke(std::_Any_data const&, tvm::runtime::TVMArgs&&, tvm::runtime::TVMRetValue*&&)+0xbc) [0x7f35b559469c] \ [bt] (1) /home/xxx/tvm/build/libtvm.so(tvm::runtime::CUDAWrappedFunc::operator()(tvm::runtime::TVMArgs, tvm::runtime::TVMRetValue*, void**) const+0x665) [0x7f35b5594145]
[bt] (0) /home/xxx/tvm/build/libtvm.so(dmlc::LogMessageFatal::~LogMessageFatal()+0x32) [0x7f35b4d29142]
File “/home/xxx/tvm/src/runtime/cuda/cuda_module.cc”, line 214
File “/home/xxx/tvm/src/runtime/module_util.cc”, line 72
TVMError: Check failed: ret == 0 (-1 vs. 0) : CUDALaunch Error: CUDA_ERROR_INVALID_VALUE
grid=(32,32,640000), block=(1,1,1)
// func_name=fused_nn_conv2d_nn_bias_add_tanh_4_kernel0
// CUDA Source
//…

It seems to me that TVM/Relay has already compiled the model down to CUDA .cu file but that source file isn’t executable for some reason. I couldn’t see the error code from either CUDA or TVM. Any help is appreciated! BTW I am building TVM from source 0.6.0 with LLVM and CUDA set ON. @merrymercy @vinx13

Looks like the block size is invalid. The default schedule might be invalid in some cases, you can try using autotvm to find valid schedules

Hi, Have you solve the problem? I might meet the same error when I run DeeplabV3 (TF model). And I do tune the model by AutoTVM. But still not work. Could you give me some advice? Thanks!!

@wwwwcu Hi can you provide a better context so I can take a look? Like how is your tvm built and how one can reproduce your error. The stack trace will be very helpful as well.