[Tensorflow][CropAndResize] Potential bug or limitation -> AttributeError: '<class 'tvm.relay.expr.Call'>' object has no attribute 'name_hint'

Hi,

I have an isssue with a model that has a CropAndResize operator related to the processing of the boxes input. The error is as following:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "tvm_eval_2nd_half.py", line 247, in <module>
    mod, params = tvm_eval_non_tuned()
  File "tvm_eval_2nd_half.py", line 75, in tvm_eval_non_tuned
    shape=shape_dict)
  File "/home/tvm/tvm/python/tvm/relay/frontend/tensorflow.py", line 2441, in from_tensorflow
    mod, params = g.from_tensorflow(graph, layout, shape, outputs)
  File "/home/tvm/tvm/python/tvm/relay/frontend/tensorflow.py", line 2085, in from_tensorflow
    op = self._convert_operator(node.op, inputs, attr, graph)
  File "/home/tvm/tvm/python/tvm/relay/frontend/tensorflow.py", line 2404, in _convert_operator
    sym = convert_map[op_name](inputs, attrs, self._params)
  File "/home/tvm/tvm/python/tvm/relay/frontend/tensorflow.py", line 504, in _impl
    boxes = params.pop(inputs[1].name_hint).asnumpy().tolist()
  File "/home/tvm/tvm/python/tvm/_ffi/_ctypes/node.py", line 75, in __getattr__
    "'%s' object has no attribute '%s'" % (str(type(self)), name))
AttributeError: '<class 'tvm.relay.expr.Call'>' object has no attribute 'name_hint'

I have tried to add AtributteError to the except but still it does not work as I get the following error:

AssertionError: All inputs to infer must be available in params.

@yongwww @srkreddy1238 maybe you can comment on this since you added this operator recently

Hi,

It seems that only in the inputs are constants it works. If the boxes input comes from a placeholder or another operator it fails while processing the crop_and_resize operator in the Tensorflow frontend.

I am currently debugging the Tensorflow frontend but any hint would be highly appreciated!

After having a look at the test_forward.py script and the generated Relay IR, I see that TVM generates one image.resize op for every box. In other words, the number of boxes must be known a compile time.

Is this right? If so, how to use it then in models where the number of boxes is not known or not constant?

@vinx13 Maybe you can also give me hint about this?

Thanks

@yongwww @srkreddy1238 @vinx13 Any ideas about this?

The only way that I was able to properly compile my model with CropAndResize was to remove the following assertion.

The test case located at test_forward.py works since all inputs given are constants. As soon as you use a Placeholder or another operator as input then you hit the error mentioned above.

The following is a minimal test model that also fails.

image = tf.placeholder(tf.float32, shape=(1, 24, 42, 64), name='image')
    boxes = tf.placeholder(tf.float32, shape=(1, 4), name='boxes')
    box_ind = tf.zeros(shape=tf.shape(boxes)[0], dtype=tf.int32)
    crop_size = [4, 4]
    crop = tf.image.crop_and_resize(image, boxes, box_ind=box_ind, crop_size = crop_size, name='crop')