uTVM (Embedded Focus) Online Meetup

There was interest at the first TVM online meetup in scheduling an embedded/bare metal focused session. Ideas of topics of discussion:

• Next planned steps following the uTVM blog post work from @areusch and @weberlo
  • Use cases people have or would like to see examples/tutorials
  • Open mic, Q&A
  • ?

Please comment here for more ideas or volunteers for discussion topics.

To gauge the level of interest and for scheduling, if you’d like to attend, please take the following poll for when you could virtually attend:

• Asia friendly - 7pm PT - Wed 6/17
  • European friendly - 9am PT - Thurs 6/18

0 voters

3 Likes

I think this is a really good idea. I was thinking of pitching the idea for BoF but am glad you beat me to it.

As part of “next steps”, I wonder if via the fora here we should assemble a sort of mini list of protoRFCs in advance of the discussion.

I wonder if via the fora here we should assemble a sort of mini list of protoRFCs in advance of the discussion.

Absolutely! Feel free to put them here or as suggested edits in the agenda doc.

@jknight thanks for organizing this meetup and for the heads up about the new blog post from @weberlo on uTVM. I would to suggest the topic of Misra, which is connected to uTVM. Maybe someone involved in this effort could give some update on development and roadmap. Thanks!

I fully agree with @tico! The WIP examination of the MISRA-C standalone runtime would be a very interesting topic to dwelve into.

Great suggestions, @liangfu would you be able to talk next week at one of the slots above regarding your MISRA-C runtime work and plans?

Thanks @jknight for proposing the (embedded focused) online meetup.

Sure, I definitely like to give a brief talk regarding the MISRA-C runtime. I think both of slots would be fine.

1 Like

also cc @JammyZhou @ayaka @jinchenglee who might interested in this thread.

Thanks everyone for the great feedback on here and the agenda. Please register for the event here ahead of time. A recording will be uploaded to the OctoML Youtube channel immediately afterwards as we did last time.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

1 Like

Also @liangfu Thanks for agreeing, I gave you a 15 minute slot on the agenda (but we should be flexible for shorter or longer).

Here’s the timezone conversions for next week if that helps people as well:

Thanks for hosting and the friendly time zone converter.

Thanks for the great meetup earlier today everyone. Video is up here: https://youtu.be/mW7dk-rXuy8