Error when run pynq-z1 test

Hi @hjiang , is this the same RPC problem you referred to?

I’ve encountered several RPC issues while running test_benchmark_topi_conv2d.py and also some of the tutorials like deploy_classification.py. This errors report VTARuntimeShutdown symbol not found. Further information about the issues were discussed in the following posts: VTA build on PYNQ fails at VTA.cmake:97 and VTA build and execution error with new 3rdparty vta-hw. The building problem was solved in a recent commit but RPC still fails.

@liangfu, I experience similar issue, a temporary work ground is to roll back TVM to April old build for example 6b840fa9672124bebccff5322a59ab1f159e74b8, and manually patch this VTA build patch https://github.com/apache/incubator-tvm/commit/5d75992d8849dac60f1a01e47073f2ca3191999f.

There were some bugs that were introduced from the recent refactor. Upon this PR being merged the classification example should be working again.

Hi I was experiencing a same problem with yours, and I’ve solved it this way. VTARuntimeShutdown is placed on tvm/vta/runtime/runtime.cc file. It originally seems like this

void VTARuntimeShutdown() { vta::CommandQueue::Shutdown(); }

and I added ‘return’ keyword to this method

void VTARuntimeShutdown() { return vta::CommandQueue::Shutdown(); }

and build again with

cmake …

make runtime vta -j2

as the tutorial shows.

Hi, It seems that I have a similar problem. Can you help me to find the error? Thannnks!

k@ubuntu:~/tvm$ python /home/k/tvm/vta/tests/python/pynq/test_program_rpc.py Traceback (most recent call last): File “/home/k/tvm/vta/tests/python/pynq/test_program_rpc.py”, line 47, in program_rpc_bitstream() File “/home/k/tvm/vta/tests/python/pynq/test_program_rpc.py”, line 36, in program_rpc_bitstream remote = rpc.connect(host, port) File “/home/k/tvm/python/tvm/rpc/client.py”, line 501, in connect sess = _ffi_api.Connect(url, port, key, *session_constructor_args) File “/home/k/tvm/python/tvm/_ffi/_ctypes/packed_func.py”, line 237, in call raise get_last_ffi_error() tvm._ffi.base.TVMError: Traceback (most recent call last): [bt] (4) /home/k/tvm/build/libtvm.so(TVMFuncCall+0x61) [0x7fbd51566081] [bt] (3) /home/k/tvm/build/libtvm.so(+0x1451a27) [0x7fbd515bca27] [bt] (2) /home/k/tvm/build/libtvm.so(tvm::runtime::RPCClientConnect(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits, std::allocator >, int, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits, std::allocator >, tvm::runtime::TVMArgs)+0xdd) [0x7fbd515bc40d] [bt] (1) /home/k/tvm/build/libtvm.so(tvm::runtime::RPCConnect(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits, std::allocator >, int, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits, std::allocator >, tvm::runtime::TVMArgs)+0x2b50) [0x7fbd515bb720] [bt] (0) /home/k/tvm/build/libtvm.so(dmlc::LogMessageFatal::~LogMessageFatal()+0x61) [0x7fbd506f90f1] File “/home/k/tvm/src/runtime/rpc/…/…/support/socket.h”, line 140 TVMError:

An internal invariant was violated during the execution of TVM. Please read TVM’s error reporting guidelines. More details can be found here: https://discuss.tvm.ai/t/error-reporting/7793.

Check failed: sig == 0 && res != nullptr == false: cannot obtain address of pynq